Neil Broadley, this bug report is being closed due to your last comment
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-input-
synaptics/+bug/933707/comments/6 regarding this being fixed with an
update. For future reference you can manage the status of your own bugs
by clicking on the current status in the yellow line and then choosing a
new status in the revealed drop down box. You can learn more about bug
statuses at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Status. Thank you again for
taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better.
Please submit any future bugs you may find.

** Changed in: xserver-xorg-input-synaptics (Ubuntu)
       Status: Incomplete => Invalid

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-synaptics in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/933707

Title:
  Pressure issues

Status in “xserver-xorg-input-synaptics” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Testing from the "call for testing" PPA (sudo add-apt-repository
  ppa:chasedouglas/clickpad).

  Source URL : http://www.theorangenotebook.com/2012/02/call-for-
  testing-clickpad.html

  Hardware : 
  Samsung Chronos Series 7 using ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad.
     scaine@Groovy:~/Misc/Scripts$ lsb_release -rd
     Description:       Ubuntu precise (development branch)
     Release:   12.04

  Before running script :
  1. Touchpad was very insensitive. Unusable in fact, unless I specified 
synclient FingerLow=3 and synclient FingerHigh=8.
  2. Single and Double click working
  3. Two finger tap for right click working
  4. Two finger scrolling working
  5. Click and hold, then second to move - doesn't work. But I can single click 
on window titles and move the same finger, although obviously you run out of 
clickpad space pretty quickly when you do this.

  After running script (required each login) : 
  The script works if I specify my xinput value, as does the right-click script 
(xinput value is required though - no effect if I just run the script without 
the value).
  Items 1, 2, 3 and 4 remain unchanged. Item 5, however, now works a treat. I 
can click with one finger, then apply a second finger to move the window.  This 
is even the case with two finger scrolling enabled - no issues.

  So the script works for me fine, but the pressure isuses remain.
  Possibly related to my synclient changes above, but I find the
  clickpad very sensitive to palm-rest when typing.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-input-synaptics/+bug/933707/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to