Mr Penalver,

I had actually forgotten that this bug report was open. My apologies for
not cleaning up after myself. I am unable to reproduce this bug on the
same hardware with the 13.10 release.

If it's still necessary, I can try to run the daily release to see if
the problem exists there, but I doubt it at this point.

If you wish, please feel free to close the ticket, as I am no longer
affected by this behavior.

Again, my apologies for leaving this ticket open so long.

Thank you,
Pat

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-synaptics in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/939034

Title:
  Samsung QX410 Touchpad not working with Ubuntu 11.10

Status in “xserver-xorg-input-synaptics” package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  pregan@fizban:~$ lsb_release -rd
  Description:  Ubuntu 11.10
  Release:      11.10

  pregan@fizban:~$ uname -a
  Linux fizban 3.0.0-16-generic #28-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jan 27 17:44:39 UTC 2012 
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

  pregan@fizban:~$ grep -i elantech /var/log/dmesg
  [    8.356895] elantech: assuming hardware version 3, firmware version 
133.27.0
  [    8.391472] elantech: Synaptics capabilities query result 0x19, 0x14, 0x0c.
  [    8.469213] elantech: x_max = 2934, y_max = 1630
  [    8.484824] input: ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad as 
/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/input/input9

  System Information
        Manufacturer: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.
        Product Name: QX310/QX410/QX510/SF310/SF410/SF510
        Version: 03MX
        Serial Number: ZYPX93BB204658
        UUID: 0057722F-C140-E011-AEED-CF004D62DD1D
        Wake-up Type: Power Switch
        SKU Number: To be filled by O.E.M.
        Family: To be filled by O.E.M.

  When trying to use the touchpad on this machine I get absolutely no
  response. I tried looking at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source
  /xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/681904 but AFAICT it's for 11.04. It
  also seems that many there get some sort of functionality, whereas I
  do not.

  If there is more information you require, please feel free to ask, I'd
  be happy to provide it.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-input-synaptics/+bug/939034/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to