This computer has now Xubuntu 12.04 installed. Do you think the bug is
fixed if it doesn't appear again on the same computer ?

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg-server in Ubuntu.

  X server crashes the first time I login as an other user

Status in “xorg-server” package in Ubuntu:

  I encounter a bug that can be easily reproduced as follows :
  1. startup the system
  2. login as a user and use a few applications like Firefox or Google Earth
  3. logout and login as an other user
  4. the first time you try to user Firefox or Google Earth, it just crash and
come back to KDM login invite
  5. you login as the user with who you get previously a crash and next the
applications work well (Firefox, ...)

  Package: xorg 1:7.6+7ubuntu7.1
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu4
  Architecture: amd64