I replaced a Geforce GTX 520 card with the Geforce GTS 250 card in one
of my computers with Ubuntu 13.10 and the Nouveau driver. The cards
behaved in the same way. The login screen worked as expected.
You may close the bug.

MVH/Per-Inge

On 01/09/2014 03:47 AM, Christopher M. Penalver wrote:
> Per-Inge, this bug was reported a while ago and there hasn't been any
> activity in it recently. We were wondering if this is still an issue? If
> so, could you please test for this with the latest development release
> of Ubuntu? ISO images are available from http://cdimage.ubuntu.com
> /daily-live/current/ .
>
> If it remains an issue, could you please run the following command in
> the development release from a Terminal
> (Applications->Accessories->Terminal), as it will automatically gather
> and attach updated debug information to this report:
>
> apport-collect -p xserver-xorg-video-nouveau REPLACE-WITH-BUG-NUMBER
>
> Please note, given that the information from the prior release is
> already available, doing this on a release prior to the development one
> would not be helpful.
>
> Thank you for your understanding.
>
> Helpful bug reporting tips:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReportingBugs
>
> ** Changed in: xserver-xorg-video-nouveau (Ubuntu)
>
> ** Changed in: xserver-xorg-video-nouveau (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-nouveau in Ubuntu.

  Corrupt login screen

Status in “xserver-xorg-video-nouveau” package in Ubuntu:

  Corrupt login screen during ISO-testing of Precise Alpha 1.
  The login screen har a lot of artifacts. ctrl+alt+f1, control+alt+del does
not work. No input fields are working.
  However if I boot with recovery mode, selects the alternative to start as
root, type exit and then selects normal boot the login screen is correct
presented.

  Package: lightdm 1.0.6-0ubuntu4
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-2.5-generic 3.2.0-rc3
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-2-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 1.90-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Tue Nov 29 20:40:41 2011
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Alpha amd64
(20111129.1)
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8