I usually upgrade my system a few months after a release so bugs like
this are identified and have plenty of time to be fixed before I
upgrade. I just upgraded from 13.04 to 13.10 and ran into this exact bug
(and currently stuck only being able to use two of my three monitors).
It is unfortunate that this bug was identified and mostly tracked down
then stalled without getting fixed.

As a user of Ubuntu, I would most certainly like to answer the question
from Christopher "Would you need a backport to a release prior to
Trusty" with a resounding YES! Please backport the fix in the kernel to
the current "production" release of Ubuntu, Saucy Salamander (13.10).

It seems like Roger was very willing to try other 3.12 kernels to narrow
down the bug fix and it would be great if Timo or whoever would continue
working with Roger to narrow down the problem so it is easier to
identify the bug fix and backport it to the current Ubuntu release.

I would much prefer to use the currently supported kernel instead of
running a pre-Ubuntu-release kernel. But in the mean time, Roger, please
share your notes in the comments with the workaround you are using to
run a newer kernel with the fix (that is also hopefully stable), thanks!

Christopher, can you please reclassify the status of this bug and put in
the request to have the fix backported?

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-intel in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1242180

Title:
  saucy regression - three monitors no longer work

Status in “xserver-xorg-video-intel” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  I've just upgraded from raring.  There I had 3 monitors attached to my
  Intel HD Graphics 4000 (i7 3770 cpu) where it all works perfectly.
  (Two monitors are identical flanking my centre displayport monitor.)

  In saucy I can get any two monitors working, and any attempt to get
  all 3 working results in an error about setting crtc with a different
  number.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 13.10
  Package: xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.99.904-0ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.11.0-12.19-generic 3.11.3
  Uname: Linux 3.11.0-12-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.12.5-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Sat Oct 19 14:28:59 2013
  MarkForUpload: True
  SourcePackage: xserver-xorg-video-intel
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to saucy on 2013-10-19 (0 days ago)

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/1242180/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to