The bug definitely exists on my machine with 13.10 but there's no need
to backport to 13.10 since I've adopted 14.04 as my everyday build.
Despite being an early alpha release, it is working well. Thanks.

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-synaptics in Ubuntu.

  Mouse freezes when power adapter not plugged in

Status in “xserver-xorg-input-synaptics” package in Ubuntu:

  If the power adapter is plugged in (with power) the mouse works
  perfectly as well as the track pad. If the power adapter is unplugged
  the mouse freezes after about 10 seconds of inactivity. Plug the
  adapter back in and it works again after being unplugged and plugged
  in again. If I keep the mouse moving it works, as soon as it is
  motionless for a few seconds it hangs.