I can't reproduce it on Ubuntu 14.04. When I type "audacity" in Unity,
the audacity launcher shows up. I reassign this bug to the package
unity, because audacity ships a desktop file and therefore the problem
lies not on the audacity package side.

** Package changed: audacity (Ubuntu) => unity (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  No Launcher for Audacity to be Found in Dash Search

Status in Unity:
  New
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:

  I have Audacity installed:
  sudo apt-get install audacity

  , but I can't launch it via the Unity Dash.

  Typically, you can launch audacity with these steps:
  1) Hit your super-key.
  2) type "audacity" (no quotes)

  However, these steps do not produce the audacity-launcher in the dash-
  search-results.

  So far, in Ubuntu 14.04, I've been forced to launch audacity via the
  terminal. This should be showing up in the dash instead.

  Package: audacity 2.0.5-1ubuntu3
  NonfreeKernelModules: wl
  AlsaCards:
   0 [Intel          ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
                         HDA Intel at 0xfc700000 irq 46
    1 [Device         ]: USB-Audio - USB Audio Device
                         USB Audio Device at usb-0000:00:1d.7-4.4, full speed
  CurrentDesktop: Unity