I can confirm this issue on nvidia-prime version: 0.5.5 also but some
say it works (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nvidia-graphics-
drivers-331/+bug/1268771)

Running Kubuntu  14.04

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-prime in Ubuntu.

  latest update breaks nvidia-prime and produces blank screen

Status in “nvidia-prime” package in Ubuntu:

  I'm currently using a laptop with optimus technology and NVidia
  graphic card. Last year (2013) I installed NVidia-prime and it worked
  perfectly. However, the very recent update (2014/1/29) broke NVidia-
  prime. The screen turned into complete blackness after Ubuntu splash
  screen (the purple one), and was even not showing cursor. However,
  from several difference behaviors I am sure that everything else (like
  terminals, keyboard inputs and even games) is working properly after
  login.

  Ubuntu version: 14.04 (Trusty Tahr)
  nvidia-prime version: 0.5.4