The "netbook-launcher" command seems to be specific to lucid, I can no
longer find it precise.  I guess unity infrastructure has been reworked.
I do not think lucid or UNE will receive an update to fix this ticket.

** Changed in: xorg-server (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg-server in Ubuntu.

  netbook-launcher --show-favorites eats CPU

Status in “xorg-server” package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Eee-PC 1000H, Ubuntu Karmic. This only happens when the launcher is
  displayed on external VGA (1920x1200).

  Clicking the "Go Home" applet execs "netbook-launcher --show-
  favorites", which properly shows the desktop and the favorites. The
  bug: netbook-launcher then takes 30-100% CPU indefinitely afterward.

  After I kill netbook-launcher, gnome-session restarts it, and it takes
  0% as it should. Sometimes netbook-launcher does not respond to
  SIGTERM, and I have to send a SIGKILL (kill -9) instead.

  I've attached a short log from running netbook-launcher in a terminal,
  then running it again with --show-favorites. (Not shown in the log:
  CPU steady at 30%.) I had to kill -9 this one. Note that netbook-
  launcher reports that it caught the SIGTERM but it didn't die
  properly.

  This bug is very reproducible. Only netbook-launcher's response to
  SIGTERM appears nondeterministic.

  Workaround: remove the Go Home applet and put a Show Desktop button in
  its place. This at least allows access to the menus.