the wifi prompt appears when i boot up and my computer tries to connect
to my universities eduroam network (which is peap secured). it is
particularly annoying because i loose focus on the password prompt of
the lightdm login manager when the popup appears. besides the wifi
prompt doesnt look nice without decorations.

Packages, which is subscribed to unity-greeter in Ubuntu.

  Lightdm password wifi

Status in “unity-greeter” package in Ubuntu:

  Lightdm does not store my wifi password, for classic wifi is ok it stores
every password, but for eap/peap wifi configuration it  doesn't store any
password and it asks me every time wifi password before login.
  Bug recognized in ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10 and probably in ubuntu 14.04
(testing).

  Package: lightdm 1.8.4-0ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: wl
  ApportVersion: 2.12.5-0ubuntu2.2
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Mon Jan 20 11:52:45 2014
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 13.10 "Saucy Salamander" - Release amd64
(20131016.1)
  LightdmConfig:
   [SeatDefaults]
   greeter-session=unity-greeter