Jmadero, this bug is not in an Invalid state. One may notice at the top of this
report it notes:
This bug report is a duplicate of:  Bug #1098334: [gen4 sna] Font corruption.

As well, stating how many people may have reported something, is not terribly
helpful. However, what would be is if you have hardware that demonstrates this
problem, please feel free to file a new report by executing the following in a
terminal:
ubuntu-bug xorg

Please ensure you have xdiagnose installed, and that you click the Yes
button for attaching additional debugging information.

For more on this, please see the official Ubuntu documentation:
Ubuntu X.Org Team, Ubuntu Bug Control, and Ubuntu Bug Squad:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/BestPractices#X.2BAC8-Reporting.Focus_on_One_Issue
Ubuntu Community:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs#Bug_reporting_etiquette

When opening up the new report, please feel free to subscribe me to it.

Please note, not filing a new report will delay your problem being
addressed as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your understanding.

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-intel in Ubuntu.

  individual characters frequently corrupted

Status in “xserver-xorg-video-intel” package in Ubuntu:

  Since upgrading to saucy, I've had individual characters render
  improperly.  Unfortunately, taking a screenshot clears the corruption.
  Selecting the text, scrolling in the terminal (which I imagine redraws
  anew instead of scrolling a rendered pane), or any number of things
  that would trigger a re-display of a glyph seems to clear it.
  Incidentally I see occasional corrupted glyphs appear in this text
  input box as I type, and they will appear with one keystroke and
  disappear with the next.  I am fairly confident I could reproduce as I
  go.

  I filed this against pango because that's what I think of as
  responsible for this sort of thing.

  Screenshot attached.

  Package: libpangox-1.0-0 0.0.2-4