Public bug reported:
Using an alpah build of Trusty Gnome, I experience a time lag when i use
the Flashback option for Gnome.
Gnome ("standard") will almost immediately display the wallpaper.
Gnome Classic will display the selected wallpaper after about a one
second delay.
Gnome Flashback (Metacity) will display the panels (I have three, top,
left side and bottom) after about one secoind, but it may take more than
two minutes for the selected wallpaper to be displayed. During this
time, any attempt to "use" the 'desktop' results is severe delays in
redrawing the screen. i.e. Closing a window will display nested boxes
correlating to the reducing window. Once the wallpaper is displayed,
desktop reaction returns to normal.
Gnome Flashback (Compiz) will just display a gray-black screen, which
refuses to respond to any input except the 3-finger-salute (CTL-ALT-
DEL). Using a liove CD, I was able to extract the Xorg.log so I may be
able to include it.
Reviewing the attached Xorg logs, not the lengthy delays in setting up
the screen type for 'X'. The Compiz log was terminated after 224 seconds
(more than 3-1/2 minutes) with a gray-black screen.
---> I do not know if this is in any way related to another bug filed
today as a result of an apport lof (#1275953) by me.
** Affects: gnome-settings-daemon (Ubuntu)
Importance: Undecided
Status: New
** Attachment added: "gnome-02-03-14"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1275966/+attachment/3968195/+files/gnome-02-03-14
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-settings-daemon in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1275966
Title:
Gnome Flashback (Metacity and Compiz) experience lags in displaying
selected wallpaper
Status in “gnome-settings-daemon” package in Ubuntu:
New
Bug description:
Using an alpah build of Trusty Gnome, I experience a time lag when i
use the Flashback option for Gnome.
Gnome ("standard") will almost immediately display the wallpaper.
Gnome Classic will display the selected wallpaper after about a one
second delay.
Gnome Flashback (Metacity) will display the panels (I have three, top,
left side and bottom) after about one secoind, but it may take more
than two minutes for the selected wallpaper to be displayed. During
this time, any attempt to "use" the 'desktop' results is severe delays
in redrawing the screen. i.e. Closing a window will display nested
boxes correlating to the reducing window. Once the wallpaper is
displayed, desktop reaction returns to normal.
Gnome Flashback (Compiz) will just display a gray-black screen, which
refuses to respond to any input except the 3-finger-salute (CTL-ALT-
DEL). Using a liove CD, I was able to extract the Xorg.log so I may be
able to include it.
Reviewing the attached Xorg logs, not the lengthy delays in setting up
the screen type for 'X'. The Compiz log was terminated after 224
seconds (more than 3-1/2 minutes) with a gray-black screen.
---> I do not know if this is in any way related to another bug filed
today as a result of an apport lof (#1275953) by me.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-settings-daemon/+bug/1275966/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp