I have the same problem. After upgrading from 13.04 to 13.10 the screen no longer turns off after a certain time of inactivity. I have tested it also without having any applications open. It behaves consistently the same: the screen does not turn off.
Following the advice from the ubuntu forums, when I type "xset s 10" to the terminal, then the screen does turn off after 10 seconds (or whatever parameter I give it). However the screen does turn off when using the guest account without any tinkering on the command line. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-control-center in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1270957 Title: 13.10: screen does not turn off after x minutes of inactivity Status in “gnome-control-center” package in Ubuntu: Incomplete Bug description: I've just upgraded from Ubuntu 13.04 to 13.10. All is apparently working fine except the screen that does not turn off anymore after the time defined in "turn the screen off after xxx minutes". I saw that a similar bug was opened (#1228939) but is now considered as fixed. Indeed my bug is a little different: the option is correctly saved, but not applied. It seems, I'm not the only one to face this problem. I haven't found this bug in launchpad, except the closed one just mentionned. I see also this bug described here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2182779 and here (in French): http://forum.ubuntu-fr.org/viewtopic.php?pid=15456631 To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-control-center/+bug/1270957/+subscriptions -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

