Please attach the output of the following command:
lspci -n

and the following files:
/var/log/prime-supported.log
/var/log/prime-offload.log
/var/log/nvidia-prime-upstart.log
/var/log/prime-switch.log
/var/log/prime-supported.log

If attaching the files is a problem, you can install the pastebinit
package ("sudo apt-get install pastebinit"), type "pastebinit
name_of_the_file_to_attach" and post here the link that the command
returns.

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-331-updates in
Ubuntu.

  Unity and Compiz don't start with nvidia-prime

Status in “nvidia-graphics-drivers-331-updates” package in Ubuntu:

  I have a laptop ASUS K53SD with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS with an Nvidia 610M
  with Optimus technology and an Intel Core i7-2670QM. I installed on
  Ubuntu nvidia-331-updates and nvidia-prime. The bug that i found is
  that when i select the Nvidia graphic card Unity and Compiz do not
  start. I emphasize that opening the nvidia-settings the only items on
  the menu are "PRIME Profiles", "Application Profiles" and "nvidia-
  settings Configuration". I could not copy the terminal output when I
  launch Unity, but if it is necessary, I can reinstall Ubuntu and try
  to copy it.