[Expired for hplip (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: hplip (Ubuntu)
       Status: Incomplete => Expired

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to hplip in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/886867

Title:
  Bad Wifi Configuration (WP2, odd key)

Status in “hplip” package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  I have a printer : 
  Name :  HP Photosmart Plus b209a-m,
  Commercial name : HP Photosmart Plus TouchSmart Wireless
  USB ID : Bus 001 Device 007: ID 03f0:7e11 Hewlett-Packard 
  I want to use it in my private network with wifi. (the printer has wifi 
capabilities)
  I had try with encryptions : 
  WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WPA2-PSK/TKIP, WPA2-PSK/AES.
  I have a freebox v6 (france)

  Hplip permit me to configure the printer.
  With this WPA key : hj6-"_)àçÉ_Ç)È--(4 P-/*-*+3..1247:;,?./ù*$ hplip say me : 
  "You are trying to connect to an ad hoc network, and no other devices with 
that SSID can be found. (VSA202)"
  With this WPA key : aaaaaa , anything work.

  What I expect : hplip work with all keys.
  What append : hplip work only with easy keys. (And I don't know precisely 
what mean easy).

  Thanks

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.10
  Package: hplip 3.11.7-1ubuntu3
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.0.0-12.20-generic 3.0.4
  Uname: Linux 3.0.0-12-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu4
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Sun Nov  6 18:23:44 2011
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" - Beta amd64 (20110901)
  Lpstat:
   device for HP-Photosmart-Plus-B209a-mWifi: 
hp:/net/Photosmart_Plus_B209a-m?zc=HP0E84E5
   device for Photosmart-Plus-B209a-m: 
hp:/usb/Photosmart_Plus_B209a-m?serial=CN05Q4118H05MM
  MachineType: Acer Aspire 1830T
  Papersize: a4
  PpdFiles:
   Photosmart-Plus-B209a-m: HP Photosmart Plus b209a-m, hpcups 3.11.7
   HP-Photosmart-Plus-B209a-mWifi: HP Photosmart Plus b209a-m, hpcups 3.11.7
  ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-3.0.0-12-generic 
root=UUID=5f8bd85c-0fe9-4a46-868c-4aa39061f8b2 ro elevator=deadline quiet 
splash vt.handoff=7
  SourcePackage: hplip
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to oneiric on 2011-09-23 (44 days ago)
  dmi.bios.date: 09/28/2010
  dmi.bios.vendor: INSYDE
  dmi.bios.version: V1.20
  dmi.board.asset.tag: Base Board Asset Tag
  dmi.board.name: JV10_CS
  dmi.board.vendor: Intel Corp.
  dmi.board.version: Base Board Version
  dmi.chassis.type: 1
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Chassis Manufacturer
  dmi.chassis.version: Chassis Version
  dmi.modalias: 
dmi:bvnINSYDE:bvrV1.20:bd09/28/2010:svnAcer:pnAspire1830T:pvrV1.20:rvnIntelCorp.:rnJV10_CS:rvrBaseBoardVersion:cvnChassisManufacturer:ct1:cvrChassisVersion:
  dmi.product.name: Aspire 1830T
  dmi.product.version: V1.20
  dmi.sys.vendor: Acer

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hplip/+bug/886867/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to