Public bug reported:

Earlier gnome-menus versions built a menu cache in
/usr/share/applications/desktop.<locale>.cache. This patch got dropped
in

gnome-menus (3.1.5-0ubuntu1) oneiric; urgency=low

  * New upstream release.
  * debian/watch: Watch for unstable versions, and switch to bz2.
  * Disable 22_desktop-cache.patch for now, needs to be rewritten, and not
    that important with Unity any more.
  [...]

Unfortunately we forgot to remove the old cache files. libgmenu does not
look at them any more, but they might be used by other software, and as
they are out of date now these would work incorrectly.

** Affects: gnome-menus (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-menus (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-menus (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-menus (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Martin Pitt (pitti)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-menus in Ubuntu.

  Needs to remove old menu caches

Status in “gnome-menus” package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description: