alf - since you've been digging around platform is this something that could
easily be addressed ?
or has this already been cleaned up ?

** Changed in: mir
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Alexandros Frantzis (afrantzis)

Packages, which is subscribed to mesa in Ubuntu.

  circular build-dependency between mesa, mir

Status in Mir:
  New
Status in “mesa” package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “mir” package in Ubuntu:

  While testing cross-building of mir, I noticed that mir and mesa have
  a build-dependency loop: installing the build-dependencies of mir
  installs libmirclient-dev.

  This is because mir build-depends on libegl1-mesa-dev, and libegl1
  -mesa-dev depends on libmirclient-dev.

  The libegl1-mesa runtime package does *not* depend on libmirclient3,
  so this dependency looks spurious to me.  Is there a reason this
  dependency loop shouldn't be broken by dropping the dep from libegl1
  -mesa-dev -> libmirclient-dev?  As near as I can tell, the dependency
  on libmirclient-dev is because of this section of
  /usr/include/EGL/eglplatform.h:

  #elif defined(MIR_EGL_PLATFORM)

  #include <mir_toolkit/mir_client_library.h>
  typedef MirEGLNativeDisplayType EGLNativeDisplayType;
  typedef void                   *EGLNativePixmapType;
  typedef MirEGLNativeWindowType  EGLNativeWindowType;

  [...]

  But that's optional, and anybody defining MIR_EGL_PLATFORM would
  presumably need to depend on mir themselves, no?