that seems to be working and there was no reply on the bug, closing it

** Changed in: gtk+3.0 (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gtk+3.0 in Ubuntu.

  Creating a folder in save or save as dialog does not work

Status in One Hundred Papercuts:
  New
Status in “gtk+3.0” package in Ubuntu:

  When I get the save dialog or save as dialog and press the create
  folder button a new folder is created and I get a selected untitled
  folder so I can over write it with what name I want to name it with.
  The problem is that when I press any key nautilus jumps to searching
  for a file or folder starting with that letter instead of overwriting
  the folder name. So whatever I do I get a new folder always with
  Untitled Folder name. I have to rename it manually afterwards. I
  worked until 11.10 and the bug is present since the beta of 12.04.

  Package: nautilus 1:3.4.2-0ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: fglrx
  Date: Sun Jun 10 13:41:04 2012
  GsettingsChanges:
   org.gnome.nautilus.window-state maximized true
   org.gnome.nautilus.window-state side-pane-view 'tree'
   org.gnome.nautilus.window-state sidebar-width 282
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" - Release amd64 (20111012)
  SourcePackage: nautilus
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to precise on 2012-04-25 (45 days ago)