The issue has been fixed in that update:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity-control-center/14.04.3+14.04.20140225-0ubuntu1

** Also affects: unity-control-center (Ubuntu)

** No longer affects: unity-control-center (Ubuntu Precise)

** Changed in: unity-control-center (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: unity-control-center (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to unity-control-center in Ubuntu.

  Shouldn't let you desactivate the only admin user

Status in GNOME Control Center:
  Fix Released
Status in “gnome-control-center” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in “unity-control-center” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “gnome-control-center” source package in Precise:

  If there is no other admin accounts in the system, it is very
  difficult to switch account back after changing account type to
  "Standard". This is because we can't "sudo" anymore. The only way to
  fix it is entering single user mode and editing /etc/group. I think
  there should be some warning at least if the user is the only
  administrator in the system and he tries to become "Standard" user (by
  accident in my case). For example, Windows systems don't let you do
  this in similar situation.