** Also affects: unity-control-center (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: unity-control-center (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: unity-control-center (Ubuntu)

  Wacom calibration results are off (wrong area)

Status in GNOME Control Center:
  Fix Released
Status in “gnome-control-center” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in “unity-control-center” package in Ubuntu:

  When I try to calibrate the touchscreen on my laptop (HP EliteBook
  2760p, Wacom  Serial Tablet WACf004) the result gets worse and worse
  with every calibration. The area on which the touchscreen is effective
  becomes smaller every time to the point where it is completely
  unusable.

  This can be verified with "xsetwacom --get 15 area", right now this gives me
"-9978 -6651 6336 -4878".
  I can reset this by manually setting a new area, e.g. "xsetwacom --set 15
area 0 0 25000 16000"
  However, xsetwacom only works for the current session, after a reboot all
information is lost and the calibration is off again.

  What should happen: the area for the touchscreen is improved with calibrating
  What happens instead: the area gets smaller for every calibration

  I'd be happy to contribute a bit in fixing this bug, but my knowledge
  is limited.

  Meanwhile, I'd appreciate a workaround: how can I reset the area used
  for the touchscreen to the default?

  Package: gnome-control-center 1:3.6.3-0ubuntu18