Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu
better. Please execute the following command, as it will automatically gather
debugging information, in a terminal:
apport-collect BUGNUMBER
When reporting bugs in the future please use apport by using 'ubuntu-bug' and
the name of the package affected. You can learn more about this functionality
at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReportingBugs.

** Changed in: ubuntu

** Package changed: ubuntu => gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

  Keyboard Layout silently switches to US even though only German is
  enabled

Status in “gnome-control-center” package in Ubuntu:

  I am using Ubuntu 13.10 on a Lenovo x200.
  From time to time, on boot-up or wake from sleep, my keyboard layout will
have switched from German (Switzerland) to something at least very like English
(US). I need to have a second input language configured in order to get back to
my layout: Using Alt+Shift accesses the correct list and thus will switch me
back to German (Switzerland).