Thanks for reporting this bug. I have tried reproducing the bug, and eog
could display your images just fine. Could you please try to reproduce
the bug with all packages updated?

** Changed in: eog (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to eog in Ubuntu.

  Some JPG images garbled when displayed

Status in “eog” package in Ubuntu:

  See attached screenshot of the image next to the same image in the
  shotwell viewer, which shows it fine. Also attaching the image itself
  (in a zip file - won't let me do two attachments).

  Package: eog 3.10.1-1ubuntu1
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Tue Dec 31 17:02:57 2013
  EcryptfsInUse: Yes
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 13.10 "Saucy Salamander" - Release amd64
(20131016.1)
  SourcePackage: eog
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to trusty on 2013-12-31 (0 days ago)