udisks 1.0.5-1 uploaded to sid, will sync to trusty ASAP.

** Changed in: udisks (Ubuntu Trusty)

** Changed in: udisks (Ubuntu Trusty)

Packages, which is subscribed to udisks2 in Ubuntu.

  buffer overflow with long path names

Status in “udisks” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in “udisks2” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in “udisks” source package in Lucid:
  Won't Fix
Status in “udisks” source package in Precise:
  New
Status in “udisks” source package in Quantal:
  New
Status in “udisks2” source package in Quantal:
  New
Status in “udisks” source package in Saucy:
  New
Status in “udisks2” source package in Saucy:
  New
Status in “udisks” source package in Trusty:
  Fix Committed
Status in “udisks2” source package in Trusty:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  EMBARGOED until 2014-03-10
  PUBLISHED now:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/devkit-devel/2014-March/001568.html

  Florian Weimer of the Red Hat Product Security Team found a flaw in
  the way udisks and udisks2 handled long path names. A malicious, local
  user could use this flaw to create a specially-crafted directory
  structure that could lead to arbitrary code execution with the
  privileges of the udisks daemon (root).

  Huzaifa Sidhpurwala created a proposed patch. I don't like the
  changing from PATH_MAX to 4096, but it looks good otherwise.

  I'll handle the upstream bits, Debian and Ubuntu trusty updates and
  discuss the PATH_MAX issue.

  Upstream fix for udisks 2:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/udisks/commit/?id=244967
  Upstream fix for udisks 1: