Public bug reported:

My external DVI connected monitor turns off randomly. For some reason it
can be woken up again by opening the "System Settings" application. I
have not been able to figure out what triggers it to turn off. When I
ran the 'ubuntu-bug xorg' to report this bug the problem was triggered
(coincidence or not?).

If my memory serves me right this started to happen after upgrading to
Ubuntu 13.04 (or 13.10)... meaning I have lived with this quite a while.
I thought I was alone until I spotted Bug 1239186, which describes the
same (or very similar) problem.

I was asked (by Chris Penalver) to report this as a separate bug when I
added a comment in Bug 1239186.

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 13.10
Package: xorg 1:7.7+1ubuntu6
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.11.0-18.32-generic 3.11.10.4
Uname: Linux 3.11.0-18-generic x86_64
.tmp.unity.support.test.0:
 
ApportVersion: 2.12.5-0ubuntu2.2
Architecture: amd64
CompizPlugins: No value set for 
`/apps/compiz-1/general/screen0/options/active_plugins'
CompositorRunning: compiz
CompositorUnredirectDriverBlacklist: '(nouveau|Intel).*Mesa 8.0'
CompositorUnredirectFSW: true
Date: Mon Mar 10 15:39:30 2014
DistUpgraded: 2013-10-21 09:59:10,604 DEBUG enabling apt cron job
DistroCodename: saucy
DistroVariant: ubuntu
ExtraDebuggingInterest: Yes
GraphicsCard:
 Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller [8086:0166] (rev 
09) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
   Subsystem: Lenovo Device [17aa:21fb]
InstallationDate: Installed on 2012-11-26 (469 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.10 "Quantal Quetzal" - Release amd64 (20121017.5)
MachineType: LENOVO 2356FW4
MarkForUpload: True
ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-3.11.0-18-generic 
root=/dev/mapper/vg_main-lv_root ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
SourcePackage: xorg
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to saucy on 2013-10-21 (140 days ago)
dmi.bios.date: 09/11/2012
dmi.bios.vendor: LENOVO
dmi.bios.version: G7ET60WW (2.02 )
dmi.board.asset.tag: Not Available
dmi.board.name: 2356FW4
dmi.board.vendor: LENOVO
dmi.board.version: Not Defined
dmi.chassis.asset.tag: R9TW1K9
dmi.chassis.type: 10
dmi.chassis.vendor: LENOVO
dmi.chassis.version: Not Available
dmi.modalias: 
dmi:bvnLENOVO:bvrG7ET60WW(2.02):bd09/11/2012:svnLENOVO:pn2356FW4:pvrThinkPadT430s:rvnLENOVO:rn2356FW4:rvrNotDefined:cvnLENOVO:ct10:cvrNotAvailable:
dmi.product.name: 2356FW4
dmi.product.version: ThinkPad T430s
dmi.sys.vendor: LENOVO
version.compiz: compiz 1:0.9.10+13.10.20131011-0ubuntu1
version.ia32-libs: ia32-libs N/A
version.libdrm2: libdrm2 2.4.46-1ubuntu1
version.libgl1-mesa-dri: libgl1-mesa-dri 9.2.1-1ubuntu3
version.libgl1-mesa-dri-experimental: libgl1-mesa-dri-experimental N/A
version.libgl1-mesa-glx: libgl1-mesa-glx 9.2.1-1ubuntu3
version.xserver-xorg-core: xserver-xorg-core 2:1.14.5-1ubuntu2~saucy1
version.xserver-xorg-input-evdev: xserver-xorg-input-evdev 1:2.7.3-0ubuntu3.1
version.xserver-xorg-video-ati: xserver-xorg-video-ati 1:7.2.0-0ubuntu10
version.xserver-xorg-video-intel: xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.99.904-0ubuntu2.1
version.xserver-xorg-video-nouveau: xserver-xorg-video-nouveau 1:1.0.9-2ubuntu1
xserver.bootTime: Mon Mar 10 11:19:19 2014
xserver.configfile: default
xserver.errors:
 
xserver.logfile: /var/log/Xorg.0.log
xserver.outputs:
 product id                                8510 
 vendor                                     AUO
xserver.version: 2:1.14.5-1ubuntu2~saucy1

** Affects: xorg (Ubuntu)
     Importance: Undecided
         Status: New


** Tags: amd64 apport-bug compiz-0.9 saucy ubuntu

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1290400

Title:
  External screen turns off randomly

Status in “xorg” package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  My external DVI connected monitor turns off randomly. For some reason
  it can be woken up again by opening the "System Settings" application.
  I have not been able to figure out what triggers it to turn off. When
  I ran the 'ubuntu-bug xorg' to report this bug the problem was
  triggered (coincidence or not?).

  If my memory serves me right this started to happen after upgrading to
  Ubuntu 13.04 (or 13.10)... meaning I have lived with this quite a
  while. I thought I was alone until I spotted Bug 1239186, which
  describes the same (or very similar) problem.

  I was asked (by Chris Penalver) to report this as a separate bug when
  I added a comment in Bug 1239186.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 13.10
  Package: xorg 1:7.7+1ubuntu6
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.11.0-18.32-generic 3.11.10.4
  Uname: Linux 3.11.0-18-generic x86_64
  .tmp.unity.support.test.0:
   
  ApportVersion: 2.12.5-0ubuntu2.2
  Architecture: amd64
  CompizPlugins: No value set for 
`/apps/compiz-1/general/screen0/options/active_plugins'
  CompositorRunning: compiz
  CompositorUnredirectDriverBlacklist: '(nouveau|Intel).*Mesa 8.0'
  CompositorUnredirectFSW: true
  Date: Mon Mar 10 15:39:30 2014
  DistUpgraded: 2013-10-21 09:59:10,604 DEBUG enabling apt cron job
  DistroCodename: saucy
  DistroVariant: ubuntu
  ExtraDebuggingInterest: Yes
  GraphicsCard:
   Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller [8086:0166] 
(rev 09) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
     Subsystem: Lenovo Device [17aa:21fb]
  InstallationDate: Installed on 2012-11-26 (469 days ago)
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.10 "Quantal Quetzal" - Release amd64 (20121017.5)
  MachineType: LENOVO 2356FW4
  MarkForUpload: True
  ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-3.11.0-18-generic 
root=/dev/mapper/vg_main-lv_root ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
  SourcePackage: xorg
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to saucy on 2013-10-21 (140 days ago)
  dmi.bios.date: 09/11/2012
  dmi.bios.vendor: LENOVO
  dmi.bios.version: G7ET60WW (2.02 )
  dmi.board.asset.tag: Not Available
  dmi.board.name: 2356FW4
  dmi.board.vendor: LENOVO
  dmi.board.version: Not Defined
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: R9TW1K9
  dmi.chassis.type: 10
  dmi.chassis.vendor: LENOVO
  dmi.chassis.version: Not Available
  dmi.modalias: 
dmi:bvnLENOVO:bvrG7ET60WW(2.02):bd09/11/2012:svnLENOVO:pn2356FW4:pvrThinkPadT430s:rvnLENOVO:rn2356FW4:rvrNotDefined:cvnLENOVO:ct10:cvrNotAvailable:
  dmi.product.name: 2356FW4
  dmi.product.version: ThinkPad T430s
  dmi.sys.vendor: LENOVO
  version.compiz: compiz 1:0.9.10+13.10.20131011-0ubuntu1
  version.ia32-libs: ia32-libs N/A
  version.libdrm2: libdrm2 2.4.46-1ubuntu1
  version.libgl1-mesa-dri: libgl1-mesa-dri 9.2.1-1ubuntu3
  version.libgl1-mesa-dri-experimental: libgl1-mesa-dri-experimental N/A
  version.libgl1-mesa-glx: libgl1-mesa-glx 9.2.1-1ubuntu3
  version.xserver-xorg-core: xserver-xorg-core 2:1.14.5-1ubuntu2~saucy1
  version.xserver-xorg-input-evdev: xserver-xorg-input-evdev 1:2.7.3-0ubuntu3.1
  version.xserver-xorg-video-ati: xserver-xorg-video-ati 1:7.2.0-0ubuntu10
  version.xserver-xorg-video-intel: xserver-xorg-video-intel 
2:2.99.904-0ubuntu2.1
  version.xserver-xorg-video-nouveau: xserver-xorg-video-nouveau 
1:1.0.9-2ubuntu1
  xserver.bootTime: Mon Mar 10 11:19:19 2014
  xserver.configfile: default
  xserver.errors:
   
  xserver.logfile: /var/log/Xorg.0.log
  xserver.outputs:
   product id                                8510 
   vendor                                     AUO
  xserver.version: 2:1.14.5-1ubuntu2~saucy1

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/1290400/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to