[Expired for xserver-xorg-input-evdev (Ubuntu) because there has been no
activity for 60 days.]

** Changed in: xserver-xorg-input-evdev (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-evdev in Ubuntu.

  Holding down the Meta_L key and pressing the 'p' key wipes out the
  display

Status in “xserver-xorg-input-evdev” package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  I have a "Happy Hacking" keyboard with 'meta' keys on it.  Pressing
  the left meta key while running xev indicates that the key is mapped
  to keysym Meta_L (0xffe7).  When I hold down this key and press the
  'p' key, the display is wiped out.  This appears to be some sort of
  broken video mode switching command, since the first press causes both
  monitors to go black, while subsequent presses seem to switch through
  various states of the windows being black, display mirroring turned
  out, reversed desktop assignments to monitors, etc.  I have search
  through the system settings and the compiz configuration to try to
  find a shortcut that might be causing this, but have been unable to
  find it.  When I accidentally press this key combination (which is
  often), it always ends up being the case that I will need to reboot my
  machine one or more times and suffer compiz crashes before I can get
  things back into a state where I can do useful work again.

  In general, I would prefer to find a way to disable this broken
  feature and get the events passed through to the program, since I am
  able to use this key sequence in other versions of Ubuntu and have a
  very hard time remembering not to press these keys when working on my
  desktop machine.

  Package: xorg 1:7.6+12ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.5.0-32.53~precise1-generic 3.5.7.11
  Uname: Linux 3.5.0-32-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  .proc.driver.nvidia.gpus.0: Error: [Errno 21] Is a directory:
'/proc/driver/nvidia/gpus/0'
  .proc.driver.nvidia.registry: Binary: ""
  .proc.driver.nvidia.version:
   NVRM version: NVIDIA UNIX x86_64 Kernel Module  310.14  Tue Oct  9 11:52:41
PDT 2012
   GCC version:  gcc version 4.6.4 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.4-1ubuntu1~12.04)
  .tmp.unity.support.test.0:

  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu17.3
  Architecture: amd64
  CompizPlugins:
[core,composite,opengl,compiztoolbox,decor,grid,snap,move,resize,imgpng,place,mousepoll,gnomecompat,vpswitch,regex,wall,session,animation,unitymtgrabhandles,fade,expo,workarounds,scale,unityshell]
  CompositorRunning: compiz