** Package changed: ubuntu => gnome-screensaver (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-screensaver in Ubuntu.

  Screen not locked when coming out of suspend/hibernate

Status in “gnome-screensaver” package in Ubuntu:

  My screen is set to sleep after 30 minutes of inactivity. I don't know
  if that means that it is a gnome-screensaver.

  My system is a laptop (HP Pavillion DV4-1225dx). It is on this system
  that I notice this problem and it has remained so since 10.04
  (x86-x64). I run the exact operating system on a custom build Intel
  desktop but it seems to happen only on the laptop, although I haven't
  repeated the exact same procedure to duplicate the problem. On both
  systems, I have a wireless mouse (via usb receiver).

  When I leave my computer, I turn off my wireless mouse (it runs on AA
  batteries). When I return, I either awaken the system by beginning to
  type my password prior to the screen awaking or use the mouse to wake
  up the system. There are random times (not sure, it could be that the
  system load is at 100% and the keyboard interrupt gets in before the
  password screen pops up - I run mprime on both cores) where the
  password screen does not show until I turn on the mouse. This allows
  me to access whatever window was last accessed. In this case, it was
  Terminal. I was limited by typing so many characters at a time
  (between 6 and 20 at a time before the system paused for three
  seconds). I'm still a novice when it comes to Ubuntu, so I don't know
  the severity of this instance, nor did I take the time to see what
  other functions I had access to (I'm almost certain that Alt+Tab did
  not work). I will keep my eye on it and update this potential bug.

  I just happened to install recordmydesktop last night and was able to
  record my screen via the command line. If this is of interest, I can
  upload it somewhere for review.

  Package: gnome-screensaver 2.30.0-0ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-26.48-generic 2.6.32.24+drm33.11
  Uname: Linux 2.6.32-26-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: fglrx wl
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Tue Dec 14 21:48:06 2010
  EcryptfsInUse: Yes
  GnomeSessionIdleInhibited: No
  GnomeSessionInhibitors: None
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS "Lucid Lynx" - Release amd64
(20100816.1)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANG=en_CA.utf8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: gnome-screensaver
  Symptom: security
  Title: Screen not locked when coming out of suspend/hibernate
  WindowManager: gnome-wm