Thank you for your bug report, is the read access to the home directory
an issue?

the access to other user directories content got fixes with that change:

lightdm (1.0.0-0ubuntu4) oneiric; urgency=low

  * Add 01_guest_session_lockdown.patch: Lock down guest session with an
    AppArmor profile. This uses the very same approach as gdm-guest-session,
    and copies the profile from it. (LP: #849027)

** Changed in: lightdm (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: lightdm (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  Guest Account has read access to /home

Status in “lightdm” package in Ubuntu:

  I am uncertain as to which package to file this bug against.  Please
  be gentle.  This is my first bug report. :)

  1) matt@matt-ubuntu-beta:~$ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      11.10

  2) Lightdm?

  3) Expected behavior:  In 11.04 the Guest Account does not have
  sufficient privileges to access /home.  I expected this same behavior
  with the Guest Account in 11.10.

  4) What happened instead:  In 11.10 the Guest Account has read access
  to /home and the home directories within.

  Package: lightdm 0.9.5-0ubuntu1
  Uname: Linux 3.0.0-10-generic i686
  Architecture: i386