** Attachment added: "IMG_0458_cropped_resized.JPG"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/1292391/+attachment/4023387/+files/IMG_0458_cropped_resized.JPG

** Description changed:

  Steps to repoduce:
  - Have 2 monitors/displays with different resolutions setup on your trusty
installation. (In my case: Primary 1600x900 laptop screen and secondary
1920x1080 external monitor.)
  - Lock the screen via shortcut.
  - Remove one monitor. (In my case: Remove the external one.)
  - Result: The display setup change is detected but the wallpaper on the
remaining screen shows artifacts of improper resizing. Unlocking and locking
the screen again will display the wallpaper properly resized without artifacts.
  - Settings for background images in control center are set to resize for each
screen (the 2nd option).
+
+
+ I attached photos taken of the same screen with and without aritfacts (same
size, though the dots have different spacing). Wallpaper used is from the
current default selection.

** Also affects: unity (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  lockscreen - wallpaper is not properly resized when unplugging
  monitors

Status in Unity:
  New
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu: