** Branch linked: lp:~albertsmuktupavels/gnome-menus/fix-menus-in-gnome-
flashback-session

** Branch linked: lp:~albertsmuktupavels/gnome-panel/fix-menus-in-gnome-
flashback-session

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-panel in Ubuntu.

  Menus in gnome-session-flashback are bloated in Trusty

Status in Desktop panel for GNOME:
  New
Status in “gnome-panel” package in Ubuntu:

  Beginning with Saucy I assume that gnome-session-flashback tried to
  follow the new GNOME Classic Applications Menu extension but it really
  only resulted in bloat within the flashback menu. I fail to see any
  benefit to this change.

  To explain in greater detail, the sub-menu "Other" was added beginning
  with Quantal to display shopping lenses and later to also display web-
  apps which is arguably fine. I personally have no problem with that.

  But in Saucy it appears an effort was made to copy the appearance of
  the GNOME Classic "Applications Menu" extension. In so doing the
  following sub-menus were added to 'gnome-panel':

  (1) System Settings tree view added, but certainly not needed since
  System Settings also appears in System Tools as well as under the
  username.

  (2) Sundry added, but sparsely populated. Orca Screen Reader moved to
  Sundry from Universal Access, but Onboard is still in Universal Access
  (being legally blind myself I refer to such changes as rearranging the
  furniture while I'm not home). Main Menu was also moved from System
  Tools > Preferences to Sundry which makes it a bit more difficult to
  eliminate Sundry if one so wishes.

  (3) Utilities added, but also not really needed as all it accomplishes
  is relocating a large number of apps from Accessories and System Tools
  to a new location. Again just rearranging furniture.

  In summary I'd add that 'gnome-session-flashback' need not mimic the
  new GNOME Classic session nor vice versa.

  Two potential fixes, one upstream and the other at the Ubuntu level,
  have already been proposed here:

  https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-flashback-
  list/2014-January/msg00011.html

  Package: gnome-session-flashback 1:3.8.0-1ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-1.16-generic 3.13.0-rc7
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-1-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.12.7-0ubuntu6
  Architecture: i386
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME
  Date: Fri Jan 10 04:29:21 2014
  GsettingsChanges:

  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Release i386 (20131021.1)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: gnome-panel