Dear Christopher M. Penalver thank you for your reply and sorry for my
late one.

Unfortunately the automatically debugging informations are not working.
This is probably due to the fact that I manually installed libreoffice version
4.2.0.4 from the official web site.
For my PC, which works with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, this is not the version
automatically installed.

As an example here you can find a simple file.
In the top graph the legend is not filled by any colour while in the second one
I chose a white background colour which, as you can see, overlap the text
covering it.

I hope I gave all the informations required. If not, please do not hesitate to
ask me more informations.
I'm glad to give a little help, even if in a "passive" mode.

Regards,
Marco C.

** Attachment added: "Example of covered legend"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/1284696/+attachment/4028109/+files/Addominali2.ods

  ubuntu-bug-libreoffice calc: the plot leged color overlap the text

Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:

  Dear all.

  I just notice that in version 4.2.0.4 in the Calc plots if you select
  the "format Legend --> Area Filling" option the color overlaps the
  text.

  This is really useless.

  Marco C.