Please reply if this is still an issue on a supported release.

** Changed in: pm-utils (Ubuntu)
       Status: New => Invalid

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to pm-utils in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/720546

Title:
  Sleep intermittent, At fail: blank screen or information from
  terminal, still runs

Status in “pm-utils” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: pm-utils

  1. Ubuntu 10.10
  2. pm-utils:
    Installed: 1.4.1-3
    Candidate: 1.4.1-3
    Version table:
   *** 1.4.1-3 0
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ maverick/main amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
  3. Laptop to sleep
  4. Blank screen or information from terminal, with no errors. Hangs on either 
option with power lights on, but no HD activity. Have to force power down and 
reboot. It is difficult to reproduce. Sometimes this happens every time I try 
to make it go to sleep, or it will go for a while without any problems going 
through the sleep cycle multiple times. This did not occur until my upgrade to 
10.10. All previous versions of Ubuntu (9.04 and up) worked fine.

  I have found something that helps through searching the forums,
  although not a guaranteed solution: keeping the same power state of
  the system when I put i to sleep. If I put it to sleep with the power
  chord attached, I wake it up that way. If it is out I do the same with
  it out. This seems to help but doesn't always work. So far as I've
  researched, this is a prevalent problem on the forums with no apparent
  working solution there either. This, as far as I know, remains a
  mystery. It is to me as well, since there isn't an obvious cause to
  what is inhibiting sleep or an obvious pattern to it.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 10.10
  Package: pm-utils 1.4.1-3
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.35-25.44-generic 2.6.35.10
  Uname: Linux 2.6.35-25-generic x86_64
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Thu Feb 17 01:34:15 2011
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron:
   LANG=en_US.utf8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: pm-utils

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pm-utils/+bug/720546/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to