[Expired for xserver-xorg-input-evdev (Ubuntu) because there has been no
activity for 60 days.]
** Changed in: xserver-xorg-input-evdev (Ubuntu)
Status: Incomplete => Expired
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-evdev in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/522996
Title:
Keys get stuck on Dell Studio 1535
Status in “xserver-xorg-input-evdev” package in Ubuntu:
Expired
Bug description:
Binary package hint: xorg
I have a Dell Studio 1535 and I have problems with the keyboard. I've
used Jaunty and now using Karmic, but I'm still experiencing problems.
Sometimes when I type, a key randomly gets "stuck" and repeats, until
I press a key again (it doesn't matter if I press the same key or any
other key). I've also used Kubuntu and experienced the same there too.
It's very hard to reproduce because it's random. I've also tried
Windows Vista and Windows 7, but there were no issues there. Typing
seems to be jagged compared to typing in Windows.
Someone else already reported this issue on the forums:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1352624
I hope that we can hunt down this little irritating bug :)
Release:
Description: Ubuntu 9.10
Release: 9.10
I suspect that it's an xorg bug, but I'm not sure. My xorg:
xorg:
Installed: 1:7.4+3ubuntu10
Candidate: 1:7.4+3ubuntu10
Version table:
*** 1:7.4+3ubuntu10 0
500 http://ro.archive.ubuntu.com karmic-updates/main Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
1:7.4+3ubuntu7 0
500 http://ro.archive.ubuntu.com karmic/main Packages
---
ApportVersion: 2.13.1-0ubuntu1
Architecture: i386
CurrentDesktop: Unity
DistUpgraded: Fresh install
DistroCodename: trusty
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 14.04
DistroVariant: ubuntu
InstallationDate: Installed on 2014-01-18 (1 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Alpha i386 (20140115)
MachineType: Dell Inc. Studio 1535
NonfreeKernelModules: wl
Package: xserver-xorg-input-evdev 1:2.8.2-1ubuntu1
PackageArchitecture: i386
ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-3.13.0-3-generic
root=UUID=ef4423c3-6350-47eb-a757-66add7d5b702 ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-3.18-generic 3.13.0-rc8
Tags: trusty ubuntu single-occurrence
Uname: Linux 3.13.0-3-generic i686
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
dmi.bios.date: 07/02/2008
dmi.bios.vendor: Dell Inc.
dmi.bios.version: A03
dmi.board.name: 0M263C
dmi.board.vendor: Dell Inc.
dmi.chassis.type: 8
dmi.chassis.vendor: Dell Inc.
dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnDellInc.:bvrA03:bd07/02/2008:svnDellInc.:pnStudio1535:pvr:rvnDellInc.:rn0M263C:rvr:cvnDellInc.:ct8:cvr:
dmi.product.name: Studio 1535
dmi.sys.vendor: Dell Inc.
version.compiz: compiz 1:0.9.10+13.10.20131011-0ubuntu1
version.libdrm2: libdrm2 2.4.50-1
version.libgl1-mesa-dri: libgl1-mesa-dri 10.0.1-1ubuntu2
version.libgl1-mesa-dri-experimental: libgl1-mesa-dri-experimental N/A
version.libgl1-mesa-glx: libgl1-mesa-glx 10.0.1-1ubuntu2
version.xserver-xorg-core: xserver-xorg-core 2:1.14.5-1ubuntu2
version.xserver-xorg-input-evdev: xserver-xorg-input-evdev 1:2.8.2-1ubuntu1
version.xserver-xorg-video-ati: xserver-xorg-video-ati 1:7.2.0-0ubuntu10
version.xserver-xorg-video-intel: xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.99.907-0ubuntu1
version.xserver-xorg-video-nouveau: xserver-xorg-video-nouveau
1:1.0.10-1ubuntu1
xserver.bootTime: Sun Jan 19 17:03:09 2014
xserver.configfile: default
xserver.errors:
xserver.logfile: /var/log/Xorg.0.log
xserver.outputs:
product id 21569
vendor SEC
xserver.version: 2:1.14.5-1ubuntu2
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-input-evdev/+bug/522996/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp