** Description changed:

  steps:
  1) cold boot (power on)
  2) choose boot (grub)
  3) login (lightdm)

  When logging in, the login rectangle doesn't disappear like it should.

  4) Xorg starts

  Desktop appears but the outline of the login-rectangle is still there.

  Also everything else that is drawn on the screen stays drawn (i.e.
  closed windows are still visable, a moved window leaves a "trail") as if
  the system "forgets" to erase previously drawn objects.

  Strangely enough, the mousepointer doesn't seem to be affected.

  5) logout (to lightdm)
  or: sudo restart lightdm
  or: sudo killall -SIGTERM Xorg
  or: sudo reboot

  6) login again

  Everything is suddenly working as it should  ( high order magic ?? )

  I have had this problem before with  kernels  newer than 3.13.0-8 but a
  kernel header install followed by a kernel image reinstall would always
  fix it.

  Since kernel 3.13.0-18  this fix doesn't work anymore.

- I assume the problem is (partly)  in KMS since it appears in lightdm
- (before X starts)
+ I assume the problem is not directly in X (??) maybe in kernel (??)
+ since it first appears in lightdm (before X starts)
+
+ Processor: dual core turion
+ Chipset:  AMD RS780
+ Videochip: RS780M [Mobility Radeon HD 3200]
+ Driver (lsmod): radeon

  Package: xserver-xorg 1:7.7+1ubuntu8
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-18-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.13.3-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: i386
  CurrentDesktop: LXDE
  InstallationMedia: Lubuntu 14.04 "Trusty Tahr" - Alpha i386 (20140102)
  SourcePackage: xorg

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  lubuntu screen corruption only on cold boot.

Status in “xorg” package in Ubuntu: