Have you ask the author of the patch ?

since it is not clear to user that switching "Capture Source" from
"headphome mic" to "internal mic" can retasked mic to headphone

it is more user friendly to use "headphone mic jack mode" to switch
between headphone and mic

Packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  Headphones stopped working after use of Audacity. They are detected,
  but no sound is produced.

Status in “alsa-driver” package in Ubuntu:

  I'm running 13.10 and the latest GNOME. I've just fresh installed
  everything and the problem has occured again the same way. I would
  like to be able to use audacity, but I suppose in the mean time I will
  just reinstall everything.

  Steps to reproduce :
  1) Install audacity 2.0.3 from official Ubuntu repositories
  2) Open Audacity and play something with it
  3) That's it : no more headphones sound.

  - alsa log created with 'alsa-info.sh'
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Audio/AlsaInfo) : http://paste.ubuntu.com/7131709/

  - pulse log when I plug in my headphones, I run a MP3 file with VLC,
  close VLC then unplug headphones
  (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PulseAudio/Log) :
  http://paste.ubuntu.com/7131713/