I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 and IPv4 nameservers have prevalence over IPv6
nameservers!

Workaround is to configure under:

1- click on WiFi Icon;
2- Edit Connections;
4- go to "IPv4 Settings";
5- choose "Automatic (DHCP) addresses only";

This way, my /etc/resolv.conf gets only the IPv6 nameservers, like this:

--
nameserver 2620:0:ccc::2
nameserver 2620:0:ccd::2

This works for my since I don;t care anymore about IPv4 networks.

But this is a big problem for dual-stacked environments!

Best,
Thiago

  NetworkManager should put IPv6 DNS servers before IPv4 DNS servers in
  dnsmasq configuration (and possibly resolv.conf)

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  In cases where you are indeed on a dual-stack network and received DNS
  information from either SLAAC or DHCPv6, these should be used before
  any equivalent IPv4 data (usually a fallback/compatibility layer in
  such environment).

  As an example, here's my generated /run/nm-dns-dnsmasq.conf on an up to date
12.04 system:
  server=172.17.20.30
  server=172.17.25.30
  server=172.16.20.32
  server=2001:470:c364:1020:e084:d1ff:fe38:c4f5
  server=2001:470:c364:1025:8837:98ff:fe43:90e6
  server=2001:470:b4e9:1020:218:51ff:fe5a:9949

  The result is that dnsmasq will only use the IPv6 dns servers if all 3 IPv4
dns servers are marked as failed.

  As dnsmasq is perfectly able to detect and avoid broken DNS servers,
  favoritizing IPv6 servers shouldn't cause any damage even in
  environment where the information received by NM is wrong.