can someone please run me through ho to do all this im good with computers but
never used linux before
thanks

Packages, which is subscribed to totem in Ubuntu.

  "Internal data flow error" playing dvds

Status in The GStreamer Multimedia Framework:
  Unknown
Status in “gst-plugins-ugly1.0” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “totem” package in Ubuntu:

  Since upgrading to saucy salamander, with totem 3.8.2-0ubuntu1, I have
  errors playing DVDs. They start playing, but after a little while, I
  get the "Internal data flow error" and playback stops. This didn't
  happen before upgrading ubuntu.

  The dvds are actually iso files created with ddrescue, but I don't
  expect that would change things. The same files play without problem
  in mplayer.