Thank you for your bug report. The lock screen is provided by unity and
not lightdm, reassigning there

** Package changed: lightdm (Ubuntu) => unity (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: unity

** Changed in: unity

** Tags added: lockscreen

Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  dots not lined up on lock screen

Status in Unity:
  New
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:

  I understand a similar bug was fixed a week or two ago involving the
  login screen, whereby the "dots" pattern did not line up properly with
  the new default wallpaper.

  Now when locking the screen I have noticed that the dots pattern is in
  the wrong place, if the right place is where they are on the login
  screen. They also go through the "Ubuntu 14.04 LTS" logo in the bottom
  left rather than around it, and the central dot on the screen is
  slightly below the central point of the default wallpaper, as opposed
  to rows above and below the centre as in the login screen.

  I am running through an NVIDEA GTX 650 with screen resolution
  1920x1080. This doesn't seem to be limited to me though, as you can
  see the same thing in the video
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZAREcpd6_eE#t=100
  by Joey Sneddon (1:40)

  Finally, I'm reporting this against lightdm as it seems the most
  appropriate package; please advise if it is not!

  Package: lightdm 1.9.14-0ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.11.0-19.33-generic 3.11.10.5
  Uname: Linux 3.11.0-19-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Sun Apr  6 12:24:02 2014
  EcryptfsInUse: Yes
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 13.10 "Saucy Salamander" - Release amd64
(20131016.1)
  SourcePackage: lightdm
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to trusty on 2014-04-01 (4 days ago)