I can confirm this bug is here, running the latest ubuntu 14.04 daily built,
updated every day.
I tried to start it manually by:
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/indicator-printers/indicator-printers-service
but when I print still now indicators show up.
I am in gnome flashback with metacity, not compiz.

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg-server in Ubuntu.

  indicator-printers not working on ubuntu 14.04 beta

Status in “xorg-server” package in Ubuntu:

  even after lates updates still no printer notifications in the panel .
  I checked and the package "indicator-printers" is correctly installed
  and the printer prints without problems. But, there is no notification
  icons on unity panel. I had no problems at all with 13.10 instead