today's daily image (20140409),  it  have been fixed.

Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  Live image boots into black screen

Status in Light Display Manager:
  New
Status in Ubuntu Kylin:
  New
Status in “lightdm” package in Ubuntu:

  Today I tried to do a test installation of Trusty with the current
  daily live image (via USB stick), but it booted into a black screen
  after the Plymouth boot animation (the Ubuntu lettering + logo) was
  shown. The last thing I see during the boot is a short appearence of a
  mouse cursor, but then everything stays blank (usually an Ubiquity
  window would appear here to let me choose language and between
  installing ubuntu or trying out the live image). This behaviour is
  reproducible. If the screen is black, switching to VTs via Ctr + Alt +
  F1-F6 works and VTs are usable.

  I can workaround the black screen if I press F2 early during boot and
  choose "Try Ubuntu without installing". Then the desktop comes up
  properly (and I am sending this report from a live image started this
  way).

  The last image I used to do a test installation was 20140309, where
  this bug was absent.

  I am not sure if Lightdm is actually responsible for the bug, but it
  seemed to be the best package choice for this bug because the bug
  occurs when Lightdm should come up.

  Kind regards,
  Jan

  Package: lightdm 1.9.13-0ubuntu1