This bug was fixed in the package unity - 7.2.0+14.04.20140410-0ubuntu1

---------------
unity (7.2.0+14.04.20140410-0ubuntu1) trusty; urgency=low

  [ CI bot ]
  * GnomeSessionManager: impelement gnome session dbus interface and a
    fader to blank the screen (LP: #1291088)
  * ScreenSaverDBusManager: start/stop gnome-screensaver if we don't/do
    handle the locking This allows to just use the fallback gnome-
    screensaver lockscreen if we need to use it. (LP: #1303712)
  * Session: Don't lock the screen if screen locking is disabled by
    org.gnome.desktop.lockdown disable-lock-screen. (LP: #1292154)

  [ Andrea Azzarone ]
  * LockScreen: add ability to show without fading in on some system
    calls Also, if locking is not enabled, calling Lock causes the
    screensaver to be initiated. Many cleanups and misc fixes. (LP:
    #1292575)

  [ Marco Trevisan (Treviño) ]
  * LockScreen: add ability to show without fading in on some system
    calls Also, if locking is not enabled, calling Lock causes the
    screensaver to be initiated. Many cleanups and misc fixes. (LP:
    #1292575)
 -- Ubuntu daily release <ps-jenk...@lists.canonical.com>   Thu, 10 Apr 2014
12:45:15 +0000

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-screensaver in Ubuntu.

  Gnome screensaver should not run automatically in an unity session

Status in Unity:
  In Progress
Status in “gnome-screensaver” package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:

  Unity is now handling the gnome screensaver dbus API completely, so we
  don't need anymore to run GS in an unity session.