What exactly crashed — gnome-session or compiz?

If it is compiz, I would like to recommend you to install these ddebs:

http://ddebs.ubuntu.com/pool/main/c/compiz/compiz-core-dbgsym_0.9.11+14.04.20140409-0ubuntu1_amd64.ddeb
http://ddebs.ubuntu.com/pool/main/c/compiz/compiz-gnome-dbgsym_0.9.11+14.04.20140409-0ubuntu1_amd64.ddeb
http://ddebs.ubuntu.com/pool/main/c/compiz/compiz-plugins-default-dbgsym_0.9.11+14.04.20140409-0ubuntu1_amd64.ddeb

… then run compiz in gdb with "--replace" flag, trigger the crash and
paste the stacktrace here. See
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingProgramCrash for details.

Or, alternatively, configure Apport to submit crashes to Launchpad (see
answer in http://askubuntu.com/questions/150476/ for the instruction)
and submit the bug using Apport.

** Changed in: gnome-panel (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-panel in Ubuntu.

  gnome crashes when trying to switch to another workspace

Status in “gnome-panel” package in Ubuntu:

  Using gnome fallback (compiz).

  Gnome crashes when trying to switch to another workspace (switching by
  hotkeys didn't work), so I switched using mouse click.

  Had to restart gnome session.

  Package: gnome-session-fallback 1:3.8.0-1ubuntu10
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Fri Apr 11 14:00:40 2014
  EcryptfsInUse: Yes
  GsettingsChanges:

  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Daily amd64 (20140409)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: gnome-panel