Public bug reported:

Upgraded from Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS to 14.04 LTS and (with fglrx installed
- I can't properly check because jockey-text isn't working
https://bugs.launchpad.net/jockey/+bug/1307071 ) Ubuntu brings up a
window asking me whether I want to troubleshoot and a couple of other
options including booting to 'fallback graphics mode' which (of course)
doesn't do anything and I have to switch to a login terminal.

I can't get you any logs unless if you tell me how to do so without a
desktop.

** Affects: fglrx-installer (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to fglrx-installer in Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu boots to 'fallback graphics mode' nVidia GeForce 7050

Status in “fglrx-installer” package in Ubuntu: