Public bug reported:

I have Ubuntu Desktop 64-bits 13.10 and 14.04.
I'm not able to see network traffic on gnome-system-monitor and/or nmon. In 
both cases they are always in "zero".
Network is working ok. Common web-browsers and BitTorrent are able to inform 
the network traffic for their downloads and uploads.
I experienced that situation on Ubuntu Desktop 13.10-10 up to 13.10-17. I 
expected Ubuntu 14.04 to solve it but I have the same behavior. Both 
gnome-system-monitor and nmon (and probably other tools too) should show the 
network traffic bandwidth. I don't know if this is a configuration issue or a 
bug.

My hardware is an AMD FX-6300 CPU on ASUS M5A78L-M LX3 with the on-board
Ethernet card.

lsb_release -rd:
Description:    Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Release:        14.04

apt-cache policy gnome-system-monitor
gnome-system-monitor:
  Installed: 3.8.2.1-2ubuntu1
  Candidate: 3.8.2.1-2ubuntu1
  Version table:
 *** 3.8.2.1-2ubuntu1 0
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

apt-cache policy nmon
nmon:
  Installed: 14g+debian-1
  Candidate: 14g+debian-1
  Version table:
 *** 14g+debian-1 0
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/universe amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

** Affects: gnome-system-monitor (Ubuntu)
     Importance: Undecided
         Status: New

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-system-monitor in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1309757

Title:
  Not able to see network traffic on gnome-system-monitor or nmon

Status in “gnome-system-monitor” package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  I have Ubuntu Desktop 64-bits 13.10 and 14.04.
  I'm not able to see network traffic on gnome-system-monitor and/or nmon. In 
both cases they are always in "zero".
  Network is working ok. Common web-browsers and BitTorrent are able to inform 
the network traffic for their downloads and uploads.
  I experienced that situation on Ubuntu Desktop 13.10-10 up to 13.10-17. I 
expected Ubuntu 14.04 to solve it but I have the same behavior. Both 
gnome-system-monitor and nmon (and probably other tools too) should show the 
network traffic bandwidth. I don't know if this is a configuration issue or a 
bug.

  My hardware is an AMD FX-6300 CPU on ASUS M5A78L-M LX3 with the on-
  board Ethernet card.

  lsb_release -rd:
  Description:  Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
  Release:      14.04

  apt-cache policy gnome-system-monitor
  gnome-system-monitor:
    Installed: 3.8.2.1-2ubuntu1
    Candidate: 3.8.2.1-2ubuntu1
    Version table:
   *** 3.8.2.1-2ubuntu1 0
          500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  apt-cache policy nmon
  nmon:
    Installed: 14g+debian-1
    Candidate: 14g+debian-1
    Version table:
   *** 14g+debian-1 0
          500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/universe amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-system-monitor/+bug/1309757/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to