Thanks for checking. I have tried to reproduce this in Rhythmbox 3.0.2,
the one shipping with Ubuntu 14.04. but I actually cannot right-click on
a podcast episode. So is the issue that right-clicking is completely
disabled? Or are you able to right-click on a podcast episode?

Packages, which is subscribed to rhythmbox in Ubuntu.

  Rhythmbox podcast rating broken

Status in “rhythmbox” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: rhythmbox

  Using Rhythmbox 0.12.8,
  Right click a podcast episode, go to properties, details, and select a
rating, such as 5-star.
  Notice that this doesn't add it to the "My Top Rated" playlist. Only rated
music shows up, no podcasts. There is no mark on the podcast episode, the only
way to see it's 5-star is to go to the properties.