Thank you for your bug report. Do you have the "account-plugin-jabber"
package installed?

** Changed in: empathy (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: empathy (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to empathy in Ubuntu.

  Empathy does not support Jabber after update to 14.4

Status in “empathy” package in Ubuntu:

  After updating to Ubuntu 14.4, Empthy does not support Jabber anymore.

  Actual result

  On startup it says "You have to setup an account in order to see
  contacts" (rough translation).

  When I click "Kontoeinstellungen",  only Facebook, Twitter, identi.ca
  are shown.

  Expected result