Public bug reported:

I have a new installation of ubuntu 14.04 (64bit). I installed skype with all
i386 package dependencies.
It works correctly except of I can't see the notification message, so ex. I
can't receive the incoming call.
When I change between the virtual desktops I can see this notification message
just a moment.

I tested it with skype 4.2.0.11 (from PPA) and 4.2.0.13.

** Affects: gnome-panel (Ubuntu)

** Tags: notification skype

** Attachment added: "List of i386 packages depend on skype"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1311000/+attachment/4092329/+files/dpkg-list.txt

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-panel in Ubuntu.

  Skype notification doesn't appeare

Status in “gnome-panel” package in Ubuntu: