Public bug reported:

When I click on the link here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats/
for the restricted extra's there is no option shown to open it.
It should be showing software-center, like it did in previous versions.
The link being clicked is 
apt:ubuntu-restricted-extras?section=universe?section=multiverse
When I add it manually buy choosing /usr/bin/software-center , it works and 
shows the ubuntu-restricted-extras package.

Not sure if this is a software bug or some mime-type or apt thing, but I 
thought software-center would contain something that shows itself in the popup 
window. 
Attached is a screenshot from the popup window after I manually added 
software-center.

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 14.04
Package: software-center 13.10-0ubuntu4.1
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-24.46-generic 3.13.9
Uname: Linux 3.13.0-24-generic x86_64
NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3
Architecture: amd64
CurrentDesktop: Unity
Date: Thu Apr 24 21:23:25 2014
InstallationDate: Installed on 2014-04-06 (17 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Alpha amd64 (20140303)
PackageArchitecture: all
SourcePackage: software-center
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

** Affects: software-center (Ubuntu)
     Importance: Undecided
         Status: New


** Tags: amd64 apport-bug trusty

** Attachment added: "Screenshot from 2014-04-24 21:28:48.png"
   
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1312381/+attachment/4095761/+files/Screenshot%20from%202014-04-24%2021%3A28%3A48.png

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1312381

Title:
  software-center is not shown as an option when clicking on apt: link

Status in “software-center” package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  When I click on the link here:
  https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats/
  for the restricted extra's there is no option shown to open it.
  It should be showing software-center, like it did in previous versions.
  The link being clicked is 
apt:ubuntu-restricted-extras?section=universe?section=multiverse
  When I add it manually buy choosing /usr/bin/software-center , it works and 
shows the ubuntu-restricted-extras package.

  Not sure if this is a software bug or some mime-type or apt thing, but I 
thought software-center would contain something that shows itself in the popup 
window. 
  Attached is a screenshot from the popup window after I manually added 
software-center.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 14.04
  Package: software-center 13.10-0ubuntu4.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-24.46-generic 3.13.9
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-24-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Thu Apr 24 21:23:25 2014
  InstallationDate: Installed on 2014-04-06 (17 days ago)
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Alpha amd64 (20140303)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: software-center
  UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/software-center/+bug/1312381/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to