Public bug reported:

After upgrading from 13.10 to 14.04 when running GNUcash I get these
error message:

Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in
module_path: "murrine"

Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "overlay-scrollbar"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "unity-gtk-module"

Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "overlay-scrollbar"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "unity-gtk-module"

I've checked and all of these packages are installed and uptodate.

I've requested help from GNUcash and they it's not their problem. Their
reply is pasted below:

John Ralls [GnuCash developer] 2014-04-22 15:53:09 UTC
That will be from GnuCash loading libwebkitgtk, which we use for displaying
reports. It appears that the acroread installer registered itself as a WebKit
plugin, but the uninstaller didn't unregister it.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WebBrowsers identifies 3 browsers, Epiphany,
Konqueror, and Midori, which are based on WebKit. If you have one of them
installed you might be able to use it to unregister the acroread plugin.

I didn't find this helpful but I'm hoping that you can help me.

** Affects: gtk2-engines-murrine (Ubuntu)
     Importance: Undecided
         Status: New

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gtk2-engines-murrine in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1312410

Title:
  Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path:
  "murrine"

Status in “gtk2-engines-murrine” package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  After upgrading from 13.10 to 14.04 when running GNUcash I get these
  error message:

  Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in
  module_path: "murrine"

  Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "overlay-scrollbar"
  Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "unity-gtk-module"

  Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
  Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "overlay-scrollbar"
  Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "unity-gtk-module"

  I've checked and all of these packages are installed and uptodate.

  I've requested help from GNUcash and they it's not their problem.
  Their reply is pasted below:

  John Ralls [GnuCash developer] 2014-04-22 15:53:09 UTC
  That will be from GnuCash loading libwebkitgtk, which we use for displaying
  reports. It appears that the acroread installer registered itself as a WebKit
  plugin, but the uninstaller didn't unregister it.
  https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WebBrowsers identifies 3 browsers, Epiphany,
  Konqueror, and Midori, which are based on WebKit. If you have one of them
  installed you might be able to use it to unregister the acroread plugin.

  I didn't find this helpful but I'm hoping that you can help me.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtk2-engines-murrine/+bug/1312410/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to