Guys,

The problem is simple.
If you take a Wireshark trace you immediately see the issue.
You will have to filter on VNC.
The supported security type which is given for 14.04 is "type 18, TLS".
For 13.10 we see two types, "type 18, TLS" and "type 2, VNC".

The "type 2, VNC" is used by your VNC viewer.
So adding type 2 in the proposed supported security types will solve this bug.

Packages, which is subscribed to vino in Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu 14.04 (Alpha Release) - VNC not working

Status in “vino” package in Ubuntu:

  Hello Everyone,

  I need your help to resolve the issue with VNC - Remore desktop
  connection. I upgraded my ubuntu from 12.04 LTS to 14.04 (Alpha)
  today. I was able to connect to Ubuntu desktop (12.04) from my IPAD
  using HippoRemote LIte or RealVNC before. But after upgradation to
  14.04, this is not working all of a sudden. I tried many options to
  the best of my knowledge, including but not limited to, changing /
  restarting my router settings, reinstalling VNC server etc, changing
  default port 5900 to different and port forwading etc. But none of
  them worked.

  It seems VINO is not listening to ipv4 connections, may be it
  conflicts with ipv6. Could any of you please help me how I can get
  through this.

  nims@reny:~$ netstat -alpn | grep :5900
  (Not all processes could be identified, non-owned process info
  will not be shown, you would have to be root to see it all.)
  tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:5900 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 18615/vino-server
  tcp6 0 0 :::5900 :::* LISTEN 18615/vino-server

  Here are details about the version of ubuntu and the package for your perusal
  nims@reny:~$ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      14.04
  nims@reny:~$ apt-cache policy vino
  vino: