Public bug reported:

After upgrading to trusty Liferea stopped opening items in external
browser. So far when I double-clicked an item a new tab was opened in my
Firefox. Right now double-clicking an item results in target page being
rendered in preview pane. It doesn't matter how Liferea is configured,
"Open links in Liferea's window" doesn't change the behaviour, as well
as browser choice or choosing how to open an item in a browser (new
window, tab, browser default, etc.).

Liferea version: 1.10.3-1ubuntu1
Ubuntu version: 14.04 LTS

** Affects: liferea (Ubuntu)

** Tags: external liferea

Packages, which is subscribed to liferea in Ubuntu.

  Liferea doesn't open items in external browser

Status in “liferea” package in Ubuntu: